- Have you just launched a business but you’re unsure where to go for support and what to do next?
- Have you always dreamed of being an entrepreneur? Do you have big ideas but no idea how to focus your dreams in order to create a sustainable and profitable enterprise? If so,
Canadian Small Business Women can help!
Canadian Small Business Women (CSBW) exists because of people like YOU! Identifying that a need existed and understanding how best to access the tips, tools and resources your business will need to make it a success, Dwania Peele launched Canadian Small Business Women to help bridge the gap between your dreams and reality. As an immigrant herself, Dwania knows and has lived the immigrant experience and created CSBW to help pave the pathway to a profitable business for other women – just like her and just like YOU!
As Dwania states: “We are here to help you every step of the way by providing all the resources necessary to ensure the successful development of your business from the planning stages through to reality. Canadian Small Business Women will provide articles, links to informative websites, a Canadian Events Calendar so that you know what is new, innovative, exciting and where and when it is all happening and access to the Canadian Business Directory Listings. Our informative, entertaining and always engaging teams of expert bloggers post frequently on our blog page, providing helpful information on a range of topics like leadership and marketing to help guide you in the right direction.
Anyone starting a business has the same questions starting with the obvious one, “where do I start?” Here, some introspection is necessary. Asking yourself the right series of questions will help you to narrow down your fields of interest, you area of expertise and your passion. So start by asking these six questions:
- Why do I want to start a business?
- What type of business do I want to start?
- Am I starting a business in order to be financially independent?
- Do I have the necessary finances to start a business?
- Is this business in demand?
- Are you passionate about your business?
Now – take the leap of faith and take that next step, putting your plan in motion. Here you will need to determine what type of business you should start – a sole proprietorship, a partnership, corporation, or a cooperative. It is important to identify the best structure for the type of business you wish to open up front and register it accordingly. For a detailed explanation and to find out the benefits of each of these business types, go to http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/page/2853/ . Once your business type is finalized, it is time to get started on your business plan. Here, CSBW can help, providing a range of resources on our Resource Page (link to it). Click now to be taken directly to the resource page where you will find plenty of related information.
Canada increasingly relies on the entrepreneurial spirit of women to help drive the economy. Did you know these facts about women in business?
Canadian Small Business Women Facts:
- There were 950,000 self employed women in Canada in 2011
- As of December 2012, there are nearly 1.2 million small businesses in Canada
- The number of self employed women in Canada grew by 23 percent between 2001 and 2011
- Of all Canadian Small Businesses, 9.3 percent were equal partnerships between male and female, while 17.1 percent were majority owned by females.
(Source: Industry Canada, Statistics Canada)
Clearly – Canada is growing and it’s through small business enterprises like yours!
Canadian Small Business Women was created for YOU! Created to provide a place for aspiring Canadian business women to find the necessary resources to take their business from the planning stages to reality we’ll help you connect with experts, utilize our social media pages for advertising and capitalize on our social media savvy to give you up to date information, skills and access to all the information you need to take your businesses to the next level. Who should use CSBW? YOU! Whether currently in business or aspiring to be, CSBW can help you, every step of the way!