Guide to understand what is Green Technology:
“Green Technology is the development and application of products, equipment and systems used to conserve the natural environment and resources, which minimize and reduces the negative impact of human activities.”
“Green technology, also known as sustainable technology, is one that has a “green” purpose. Green is a reference to nature, of course, but green technology, in general, is one that takes into account the long and short-term impact an invention has on the environment. Green products are environmentally friendly inventions that often involve energy efficiency, recycling, safety and health concerns, renewable resources, and more.”
Green Technology refers to products, equipment or systems which satisfy the following criteria:
- It minimizes the degradation of the environment;
- It has zero or low greenhouse gas (GHG) emission is safe for use and promotes healthy and improved environment for all forms of life;
- It conserves the use of energy and natural resources;
- It promotes the use of renewable resources.
Pillars of Green Technology:
Objectives of Green Technology:
- To reduce the rate of growth of energy consumption while enhancing economic development;
- To facilitate the growth of the Green Technology industry and enhance its contribution to the national economy;
- To increase the capacity for innovation in Green Technology development and enhance competitiveness in Green Technology in the field;
- To ensure sustainable development and preserve the environment for future generations, and
- To increase public awareness and education on green technology and encourage its widespread use Green Technology
Resources for Green Technology:
Tips for Green Business:
A green business has sustainable business practices and conservation policies that change the way to do business and help the environment. It means operating smart business by keeping your costs down & save the environment and your bottom line.
There are 5 simple things that every small business owner can do to make their business green:
Reduce Employee Transportation and Travel:
Save money and make an environmental impact by changing how your business handles transportation and travel. You can encourage employees to carpool, hold web conferences rather than travel long distances and look for fuel efficient transportation, if you need to buy vehicles for your business.
Wasting energy (lighting, heating, or equipment) is one way small businesses lose money. Try to lower your energy consumption by up to 75% by turning off lights and equipment when not in use and switching to compact fluorescent bulbs. You can also minimize heating/cooling loss with windows and doors that have been properly weather-stripped.
Reducing the waste your business creates is the simplest thing you can do to lower your bottom line and help the environment. Remind employees to print only when necessary and encourage digital communication formats like email or instant messenger rather than printing out memos.
You probably recycle at home, but recycling is just as important at your place of business. Recycle used ink and toner cartridges (not just your paper), and before buying new office furniture or equipment, see if the existing piece can be refurbished – it’s less expensive than buying new and it’s better for the environment!
Buy ‘Green’ Office Supplies:
Make the decision to buy eco-friendly office supplies (recycled paper or products made from post-consumer content). You can also choose suppliers who take back packaging for reuse, and buy Energy Star products when selecting new equipment.
Resources to help improve business and increase your environmental efficiency:
|Resources for Greening Business||https://canadabusiness.ca/managing-your-business/day-to-day-operations/environment-and-business/resources-for-greening-your-business/