On any given day, the average person spends 40 minutes on YouTube watching videos. If that number doesn’t faze you then what about; on a daily average over 500 million hours of video is watched on YouTube.
With so many possibilities to share video across social media, there is a good chance your videos will end up being viewed as part of the 6 hours a day people watch videos on either Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and video streaming programs.
Here are eight reasons why you should be using video to promote your business.
- Video reaches millions of people within a short period of time. The cost to produce a video is very cost effective, in fact one video will probably pay for itself with just one customer. Another consideration is that video tracks reach or impressions, so you can measure the effectiveness of your video. When you consider the cost of a print ad; it is a one-time cost that doesn’t have the same share ability or the ability to determine reach. So from a cost perspective video is cheaper, and will give you a better ROI. But. most importantly customers love videos
- The use of sound and images elicit feelings and gives the viewer a better understanding, by allowing them to experience several emotions including laughter, sadness, and joy. Video can be educational, funny and sometimes even emotional. Watching a video requires less work than reading, but, most importantly videos retain people’s attention.
- Visitors spend 88% more time on a website that features a video. And from those statistics, 85% are more likely to make a purchase. A targeted audience; one that visits your website will remember what they saw and heard.
- Videos are cost effective. Whether you do them yourself or hire a production company, they are affordable when you consider their longevity, and reach. One video can be shared an infinite amount of times on the internet and may even experience virility.
- Audio visual helps a business win the trust of your audience because they know it takes time and effort to produce these videos. A video about you or your business helps to build creditability.
- Videos are a powerful medium, research shows that people who use the internet frequently watch videos. Think about how many videos you consumed a video today!
- Search engines tend to give videos a higher priority than pictures, text and audio files, this gives you a higher ranking to get your company noticed. When you consider that Google is the number one search engine followed by YouTube, you would be hard pressed to not have at least a couple of videos come up on the first page of a search. So consider that your customers are searching for you, having a video helps consumers make better decisions.
- Finally, videos last for years and will get more exposure because of the fact that they can be shared on all social media platforms. The longer they stay online, the more exposure over time.
Now that you have the eight reasons why you should use video to promote your business, what is holding you back?
RaDeana Montgomery is A MULTI-DIVERSE COMMUNICATOR with a specialty in: TELEVISION PRODUCTION, SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT, PUBLIC RELATIONS and WRITING
Montgomery, is the Creative Director of RAM Media Video and Social Media Management. She is a creative, highly organized business professional, who has acquired over 20 years’ experience in Journalism, Broadcast and Video Production, Public Relations as well as 10 years’ experience in Social Media Management.
You can find her on social on Facebook @rammediavideo.ca Instagram @ram_media_video Youtube www.youtube.com/ RAMMediaProductions1