Over the last few months we looked at how to optimize your blog for business using social media, search engine optimization (SEO), and awesome content. This month I have created a quick and simple checklist to help optimize your blog posts.
1. Does my post convey the objective of the blog post?
2. Do I have a clear call to action (telling readers what I want them to do after they read the post)?
Search Engine Optimization
3. Have I used my search engine optimization keyword in my blog post? Preferably in the title?
4. Have I tagged and categorized my post for search engine optimization using relevant keywords?
5. Have used relevant links internal and/or external?
6. Have I optimized my images for size and with alt and title tags?
7. Is my blog post truly shareable?
Does my post provide useful or entertaining information that others will want to share?
8. Have I used media (an image or video) to enhance my post and to inspire sharing?
Facebook has 1.1 billion photos, Instagram has 100 million photos, Flickr has 87 million photos and Pinterest has 49 million photos!
9. Have I included share buttons with the post to encourage sharing?
10. Have I shared my post on all my social media profiles such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+?
When you complete your blog post use this handy checklist to ensure you have optimized your post and it’s ready to publish.
Dwainia Grey is an online marketer at Awesome Biz Online. She creates awesome websites and blogs for businesses as well as working with
companies to optimize their websites with Search Engine Optimization and Social Media. She can be reached at Awesome Biz Online or by phone at 647-799-1090 x 104. You a can also follow her on Facebook to get the latest on online marketing.