Do you send a newsletter for your business? A newsletter can be an easy way to inform your customers and potential customers of a new product, a sale, an event or just another way to showcase your expertise. Here are 8 Creative ways to build your mailing list.
- Add it to your website or blog: Most mailing list generators (we use mail chimp) have a widget that you can easily add to your website. This has been the most popular way new visitors have subscribed to our mailing list.
- Host a giveaway or contest: Whether it’s online or at a trade show a giveaway or contest is a fun way to build your mailing list.
- Have a mailing list or guest book: At trade shows in particular have a mailing list or guest book in the corner of your table. Interested potential customers may add their name to learn more about you.
- Ask for it: While closing a sale ask the new customer for their email address. You can also use this to follow-up with your customer.
- Add it to your facebook page: An easy to use app can be added to your facebook fan pages.
- May I?: When a new customer inquires, it’s okay to ask them if you may add them to your mailing list.
- Post in on Facebook: Once in a while, pose the question on your facebook page – Have you subscribed to our mailing list (link)?
- Tweet about it: Tweet it – Have you subscribed to our mailing list (link)?
Jacqueline Hunter is the Director at Craftadian. In addition to hosting annual Craftadian Handmade Markets, Jacqueline is a resource for Handmade Business owners by offering online courses, work shops and support. She showcases, supports and promotes Canadian artists, artisans and designers.
Connect with Jacqueline