Life is busy and we try to do it all – balance all the needs of home and work and try to have some fun! Sometimes you just have to get some help. Calling in the experts can give you sanity, peace of mind, or much needed rest.
Whether it’s a cleaning service, a repair person, a gardener, an organizer, or a virtual assistant, there’s always a service to help make life easier. Outsourcing does not need to be difficult. What’s important is asking the right questions to get the outcome you want and need! Here are ten questions to ask before outsourcing:
- What experience do you have?
- Can you share examples of your work/service?
- Can you provide references?
- What hours do you work? Are you flexible?
- How long will the task/job take?
- Do you offer flat rates, package rates or special discounts?
- Exactly what is involved in the work you will do?
- How can I reach you and what is your response time?
- What do you need from me?
- What are your payment terms and what forms of payment do you take?
When I introduce myself as a virtual assistant, I often hear “OMG, I need you!”. Well, that’s music to my ears. I have found that these 10 areas help entrepreneurs focus on what they need.
Asking the right questions to find the right person is one key area. The other areas are preparation and partnership. In the next few blogs, I’ll share more helpful information to guide you to hire and build the best working relationship with a virtual assistant. Of course, you can apply this practice to other outsourcing venues to help make your life easier.
Marianne D’Alessandro is a virtual assistant and owner of TimeFlies-Admin Services. With over 30+ years as an executive assistant, Marianne works in partnership with her clients. She offers consulting for entrepreneurs looking to hire the right virtual assistant as well as productivity and time-saving workshops. Download the 10 Questions to Ask Before Outsourcing.